Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 2: When being single sucks...

Day 2

Two posts in one night? What?

This challenge is actually pretty relevant to my life right now. I recently saw a video about a popular comedian who was talking about his reasons for not liking cell phones. In this video there is a portion that he talks about why people use cell phones, his reasoning is that people use it when they are lonely. They use it to feel connected to something, or someone.

This brings me to the question.

A moment when being single sucks...

For me its the moments when I'm not busy, when I have a chance to breathe and realize that I'm going to go back to my apartment and I'll have no one to share it with.

Surprisingly its not during the obvious times. You would think its when I'm watching a romantic comedy, or when I'm reading a historical romance or even when I'm helping one of my closest friends plan her wedding. No I don't think being single sucks during these moments, at least not for me.

Being single sucks when I continue to succeed in something and having someone seems unattainable because I feel men will be intimidated or when there is a prolonged moment of silence. These moments come unexpectedly, I'll be laughing, planning something or reading and then the moment comes.

I'll feel lonely, sometimes even unworthy. I let the moment take me, I shed tears if I have to and then I go back to whatever it is I was doing.

I can't believe I'm going to post this.

Oh well, this is supposed to be my therapy.

Adios, until my vintage thoughts clash with my modern mind,

No comments:

Post a Comment