Sunday, February 6, 2011

Out of the loop

Hello all my readers (wishful thinking in using the plural).

So once again my blog/vent is courtesy of a book... This time set in the roaring 20's, how fun. To make a long (450 pages) story short this one was obviously a romance and the genre is edgy inspirational romance <-, my new favorite! The heroine is a bossy, ambitious petite (much like me) who hates loving her childhood nemesis, a very handsome reformed street rat.
The book is called "A Hope Undaunted" by Julie Lessman. I highly recommend this book, I screamed, almost shed a tear, and question Ms. Lessman throughout the many chapters. So it is sufficient to say I LOVED it!
But getting back to the point of this blog...
Bossy women and men who are pushovers... Is that really a good match?
Since its my blog I'm going to give my humble opinion, also, because my honest and blunt friends say I'm bossy, well I feel like I can comment...
I believe that in some cases it may work but in my case, do I want a husband that always does what I say? NO... My type of man is the one that will tell me his favorite dress was the dark green one and I will go out of my way to wear a bright red one, knowing that in the end one of us will win and I'm not going down without a fight.
Ladies think about it, I rather be spoiled at certain times then be given everything all the time, it gets boring after a while... I want the whole package or nothing.
Strength of character, confidence, good looks, intelligence, ambition and a profound love of God.
In this type of thinking I'm merging my vintage thoughts with my modern mind, there is no compromise... It's all or nothing!

1 comment: