Monday, August 23, 2010

A little bit.... naughty

This week I found myself finally realizing what I want in a Man... For those few people in the world who know me, I'm a contradiction. I appreciate everything old fashioned but I also enjoy the freedom that a modern society in a sense has afforded us women. The sad part about reaching this conclusion is that I found this out while reading a book, although I must admit that going on that date really helped too. The book was a historical romance set in the 1800's and it was basically about this woman who was to all appearances what a young lady should be, however, she enjoyed looking at the legs of men and also kissing and such; because of her "curiosity" she is being forced to marry and nobody seems subservient enough except for her brother's friend who happens to be neither "pretty" or a great dancer, things extremely important to her... The bottom point is that she finds herself interested and baited by this friend of her brother who warns her that he is not like the boys she enjoys, he is a MAN.
The story ends in a funny situation and that is when my epiphany comes... I don't want a boy who is cute, can dance and possibly dance well. I want a man who understands who he is, what he is capable of and what he can offer me (although I'll be a pain and possibly never admit that I need anything). Yes, many of you have probably heard this speech over and over again, but I guess until something in the psyche of men changes you will continue to hear it. This is where the vintage thinking kicks in, I remember (or at least I have seen in the Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck films) when men used to have jobs before dating or courting (my absolute favorite word, right next to beau), when families mattered and when being a lady required wearing a dress and heels. Even though my modern mind has constant battles with my vintage thoughts I can't help but wonder if real romance requires less passion and more mystery...

Until later when my modern mind clashes with my vintage thoughts,
VINTAGE THOUGHTS OF A MODERN GIRL

1 comment:

  1. Very nice!! Ur Number one fan!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete